Are you currently struggling to work within a virtual team environment? Has your employer put you in charge of managing a virtual project team—or possibly asked you to assemble one for an upcoming initiative? When it comes to things like motivation, background, and skill level, dealing with project teams that are located in the same building is difficult on its own. But adding different time zones, cultures and communication styles into the mix can make building and managing virtual teams one of the most challenging tasks in project management.
During this 16-hour self-directed course, project managers will begin with a review of the challenges and advantages involved with working virtually, including a discussion of the impact of culture. The process of creating a virtual project team is also covered in detail, along with the various steps and tools involved with getting started. And the course concludes with a comprehensive overview of managing a virtual team—breaking down topics like building trust, achieving team cohesion, technology considerations, and project communication. This course includes:
- A 10-section interactive tutorial
- 50+ learning-based exercises
- A course blog for sharing ideas with other students
- Creation of a virtual teams 'Action Plan'
- End-of-lesson quizzes
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all course materials
Also, you may earn 16 PDUs toward retaining your PMP® certification (or 12-16 PDUs toward retaining other PMI certifications). The PMI Talent Triangle® breakdown for this course is 4 Technical, 12 Leadership, 0 Strategic (if used for PMP® certification retention, other certification breakdowns may vary)[By clicking this button, you are agreeing to the terms of the Sample Lesson License Agreement.]
eLearning Course Policies - Read Carefully Before Purchasing
These policies will be strictly enforced.
- Your Subscription Begins the First Time You Access the Course Materials - More Details
- eLearning Users are Not Allowed to Share Account Access - More Details
- eLearning Users are Not Allowed to Teach or Instruct from RMC's eLearning Courses - More Details
- There are No Refunds Available for eLearning - More Details
- You are Responsible for Verifying System Requirements - More Details
- Additional Information
Format Online Course Subjects Building and Managing Virtual Teams Hours 16 Subscription 30 Days SKU ONLINEVIRTUALTEAMS30