- THE Book you need to study for the PMP Exam.
In January 2020 I successfully completed the PMP certification exam. This was not the first time I wrote the exam. Prior, I wrote the exam in March 2019, without a successful result. I believe the main reason I passed the PMP exam was the fact that I studied Rita Mulcahy’s “PMP Exam Prep” (Ninth Edition).
The first time I prepared for the exam, I had relied on PMP class notes, personal notes, notes from other individuals, and simulation exams. More recently, my main focus was the “PMP Exam Prep”. After my previous unsuccessful attempt, I had heard from colleagues that the book was vey well written. I read the book, cover to cover. I completed the exercises within the chapters, completed the questions at the end of every chapter, and read the tips provided to prepare for the exam.
I highly recommend “PMP Exam Prep” to anyone preparing for the PMP exam. It is very well structured and will provide you with the appropriate instruction to successfully complete the PMP exam, and be a better Project Management Professional.
- Excellent book!
- Excellent book to prepare for the PMP exam! I did the two-day on-site study prep and studied this book, and I passed the exam. I highly recommend using this book to prepare for the exam.
- No need to search further; Rita's materials are the best.
- I highly recommend this book and their products. This was my second attempt at the PMP exam but I truly believe that if I had of used these products the first time that I would have been successful. I felt very prepared and liked the different tools available; audio as well as the cards and the book along with the Tricks of the Trade.
- This is the best PMP prep book!
- I used this book (which was provided as part of the 4 day intensive training) and found it SO much easier to read and comprehend then trying to digest the PMBOK. It's written in a user friendly format and allowed me to comprehend the material a lot better.
- The Only Book You'll Need to Pass PMP
- I passed my PMP Above Target in all 5 domains on my first try using only this book! I did not use the PMBOK (only used it as point of reference when I needed to go deeper on a topic). I studied for about 3 months, read this book 3 times thoroughly and completely.
- Passed the exam on the first attempt
- I used a variety of study aids to pass the PMP Exam, including company-created and directed training, apps, and formal classes, but by far the single most useful study aid was this book, used in conjunction with the other tools. It breaks the information down into digestible pieces and helps show the relationship between the different processes and knowledge areas, and the exercises help you to put the concepts into practice. I'm sure there are other books out there that will help, but I can say with certainty that without the RMC guides, I would not have passed on the first attempt.
- I passed the exam on the first try. The tips in the book were so helpful. I would highly recommend this class in preparing for the PMP exam.
- This class was excellent. Rita's Chart and the study questions were extremely helpful. This was the only Guide I used to prepare for the exam. The instructor was excellent.
- A must have for every aspiring and registered PMP Holder.
- I left it for the last day of eligibility. I got the book less than a month to the schedule. Only got serious with studying it five days to the exams. I thoroughly read it once. I skimmed through it along with the PMBOK-6 on the eve of the exam. I passed the exams with three above targets and two on targets. I wished I had read it severally earlier on. I had no other training apart from self study. Even the 35-Hour compulsory education treated less than 30% of what the book taught me. I am grateful.
- Get this book!
- Excellent resource. I highly recommend! After reading this book and completing the exercises, I pass "above target" on all 5 domains! This book really helped connect the processes with real projects. The tips provided were critical to my success!
- Great study guide!
- I used the PMP Exam Prep book as my main study guide. Yesterday I took the PMP exam and passed on the first try with a score of Above Target on every domain! I highly recommend this book.