This book has been FULLY updated to reflect PMI's changes to the PMP® Exam Content Outline and the release of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)—Sixth Edition. It is intended for all PMP exams taken AFTER March 26, 2018.
Can you imagine valuing a book so much that you send the author a Thank You letter?
Hundreds of thousands of project managers understand why PMP® Exam Prep is a worldwide best-seller. Years of PMP exam preparation experience, endless hours of ongoing research, interviews with project managers who failed the exam to identify gaps in their knowledge, and a razor-sharp focus on making sure project managers don't waste a single minute of their time studying are THE reasons this book is the best-selling PMP exam preparation guide in the world.
PMP® Exam Prep, Ninth Edition contains hundreds of updates and improvements from previous editions—including major updates to the topics of Integration Management, Risk Management, Quality Management and Resource Management. Offering hundreds of sample questions, critical time-saving tips plus games and activities available nowhere else, this book will help you pass the PMP exam on your FIRST try.
Features of this worldwide best-selling resource include the following:
- Practice exam questions—more than 400 throughout the book.
- A focus on what you really need to know to pass the exam.
- Exclusive exercises and Tricks of the Trade®.
- A straightforward approach to complex material.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the RMC Customer Service Department at (952) 846-4484 between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Central, Monday thru Friday.
Bulk Discounts: Bulk Discounts are automatically reflected within the RMC Store. You will receive the better of the sale price or the volume discount, but NOT BOTH. Contact Customer Service for pricing if ordering more than 80 units.
This product is also available in our complete PMP® Exam Prep System.
- Additional Information
Author Rita Mulcahy Dimensions 8 1/2" x 11" Format Paperback Pages 500+ Published February 2018 Publisher RMC Publications Subjects PMP Exam Prep, Project Management SKU PMPBOOK9 Weight 5.0000 ISBN 9781943704040
Customer Reviews 12 item(s)
- A must have for every aspiring and registered PMP Holder.
- I left it for the last day of eligibility. I got the book less than a month to the schedule. Only got serious with studying it five days to the exams. I thoroughly read it once. I skimmed through it along with the PMBOK-6 on the eve of the exam. I passed the exams with three above targets and two on targets. I wished I had read it severally earlier on. I had no other training apart from self study. Even the 35-Hour compulsory education treated less than 30% of what the book taught me. I am grateful.
- Get this book!
- Excellent resource. I highly recommend! After reading this book and completing the exercises, I pass "above target" on all 5 domains! This book really helped connect the processes with real projects. The tips provided were critical to my success!
- Great study guide!
- I used the PMP Exam Prep book as my main study guide. Yesterday I took the PMP exam and passed on the first try with a score of Above Target on every domain! I highly recommend this book.
- This is the only book you need - Passed first time
- I just passed the exam on my first attempt. A friend passed his test using the book, and he recommended it to me. I read it cover to cover, worked the exercises, and did the practice exam questions. I really appreciate that Rita's approach in this book about making sure the reader truly understands the material instead of just memorizing facts. Sure this makes for more pages to read, but placing the information in the proper context is critical; Rita's book excels at this. I'm thankful for RMC's commitment in sustaining Rita Muchay's mission to provide quality PM training materials. Thanks!
- 5 STARS! Best $76 you'll ever spend!
- I cannot say enough good things about this book. I was skeptical when I first received it and frankly, a little overwhelmed. It's huge and there's a TON of information. But, I read one chapter a week, studied the material, took the practice exams at the end of each chapter until I got all questions correct. Passed the exam on my first attempt!
- The Best!
- This book is amazing! I took two online prep courses from other vendors. After taking and passing the first online course, I failed the exam on my first attempt. After taking the second online prep course, I decided I needed to cancel my next exam because I truly was not ready. After canceling that exam, I ordered this exam prep book. It was the BEST decision. The first online course did allow me to earn the 35 PDU hours I needed, so it was not a total waste. But, if you are simply looking for a resource to pass the exam, this is truly it! I wish I had ordered it before my first try.
- If you want to pass, get this book! 5 stars!!
- This is without a doubt the best way to prepare for the exam. If you've read the PMBOK this book will help you understand it. I went through this book by myself about 1.5 months before my exam. I read every word, did every exercise, took the exam and got Above Target in all 5 areas on my first try! Totally worth every single cent!!
- Excellent Main Resource
- I studied with this book exclusively in conjunction with taking mock exams online. While this book does not cover every single term or situation that appears on the exam, it provides excellent frame work to pass. I passed the exam on my first try with a month of continuous study. I would highly recommend this book.
- Best PMP Test Prep on the Market
The first time I took the PMP, I prepared by reading the PMBOK and following a Udemy course. I barely failed on my first attempt and went back to the drawing board to find better preparatory materials. I came across Rita's book and ordered it since most of the reviews highlighted its relevance to the situational/gray area questions on the exam. I read Rita's book cover to cover, then went back through and read the Tips (or Tricks?) of the Trade blurbs, worked the examples, and worked the practice tests. After preparing with Rita's book, I passed the PMP exam on my second attempt with Above Target (the highest rating) in all 5 process groups.
I can't give enough credit to this book. Thanks again for developing such a great prep tool! Don't waste your money on bootcamps that shove a ton of material down your gullet in 4 days, or other materials that only highlight the PMBOK. Yes, the PMBOK is important for passing the exam, but it doesn't prepare you very well for the situational/gray area questions... and that's where Rita's book shines.
- This is the best book available in the market. It is clear, easy to understand and direct to the point with plenty of examples that helped me to relate to my professional experience and successful pass the exam. I strongly recommend it to the test takers
- This is the best book available in the market. It is clear, easy to understand and direct to the point with plenty of examples that helped me to relate to my professional experience and successful pass the exam. I strongly recommend it to the test takers, All the best for you all
- Best. Training. Ever.
- I scheduled my PMP exam on a Wednesday for the following Monday. Bought this book on a Thursday. Studied like a lunatic Thursday night, all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning...and passed the test on Monday. What I reviewed at 11:55 am on Monday was on the test at noon. Didn't even crack open the PMBOK. Don't waste your time on anything else. This thing is the real deal. Increased my earnings by WAY more than $10,000. Ka Ching.
- all important info from pmbok6 but it's easier to digest
This book is the best ever guide for the PMP.
It will teach you how to be a real life project manager!