PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals by Rita Mulcahy and Martha L. Young
Real-World Project Management Tools and Techniques for IT Initiatives
PM Crash Course™ for IT Professionals is full of project management tools that you can apply immediately to your IT projects—to deliver them on time, on budget, and with fewer headaches. Authored by world-renowned project management trainer Rita Mulcahy and technology business expert Martha Young, this book will help you get your IT projects back on track using proven, real-world project management tools and techniques.
This book covers dozens of real-world IT project management issues, including the following:
- Understanding why IT projects fail—and preventing failure.
- Defining effective IT project charters and requirements.
- Organizing IT roadmaps into manageable projects.
- Capturing, creating, and using historical data.
- Establishing “soft” and “hard” project metrics and milestones.
- Defining project scope, and avoiding scope creep.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders and expectations.
- Choosing the right PM tools for your needs—including in-house, hosted, and cloud-based solutions.
|Dimensions||7 1/2" x 9"|
|Subjects||IT Project Management, Tools and Techiques, Real-World Applications|